401-734-3273 extension 151
|Department Night: Tuesday
| Toni Grimley, NBCT, MLS
Library Mission Statement
The Library supports the mission of Pilgrim High School by:
- Making information literacy attainable for all members of the learning community.
- Instilling a love of reading and penchant for discovery in PHS students.
- Obtaining and maintaining the best materials available for the collection.
- Teaching students to locate information and evaluate the validity and usefulness of information in relation to the curriculum and specific tasks.
- Collaborating with teachers to create active, purposeful and inviting learning environments.
- Reviewing and reflecting on library practice.
- Defending t he right of the learning community to exercise intellectual freedom.
(adapted from NBPTS-Library Media Standards)
The library has approximately 12,000 print volumes including several Special Collections (Rhode Island, Professional and Faculty); access to online databases and newspaper subscriptions to The Providence Journal and Warwick Beacon.
Both the Library and the Library Tech Center have Smart Boards. Teachers are encouraged to reserve the Smart Boards, Tech Center and Library. Our goal is to collaborate with faculty.
Library and Tech Center Policies and Procedures
All school rules apply to the library and the library tech center.
We would like to remind students:
- All students must have a pass from a classroom teacher and sign in during the school day. Before and after school a pass is not required.
- Absolutely no food or drink in either room.
- You are responsible for everything you check out.
- Maximum of 5 books per student (3 in the same subject area). There are exceptions to this per academic needs.
- If you have an overdue book you will not be allowed to take another book out.
- Books are checked out for 3 weeks unless special due date is given by faculty member
- There are no fines for overdue books, however you will be charged to full value of the book if you lose or damage it.
Research Help (Click below)
Reference Sources ( Links)
EBSCO databases, Encyclopedias, etc.
RI Teen Book Awards
Web Site Evaluation